Friday, 19 July 2013

my favourite products - HAIR

** Warning - long post!

Anyone who knows me, will know that I'm an absolute nightmare when it comes to my hair. Naturally, I'm dark blonde, but I've been dying it from the day I turned 13.
 I've been brunette, black, blonde, white - but I do always seem to come back to blonde.
 And - the lucky girl that I am, despite constantly hammering my hair with the dye, I actually still have it all and the hairdresser always seems to say "Ohh it's in SUCH good condition" - so I must be doing something right?

A selection of the products mentioned
So, without further ado, I thought I'd give a run down of my favourite products to use on my hair.


Shampoos
Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Freeze Silver Shampoo
Pro:voke Touch of Silver Twice a Week Brightening Shampoo
Pro:voke Touch of Silver Daily Maintenance Shampoo
 Clynol Reflex Colour Shampoo
Aussie Colour Mate Shampoo
Bristows Silver Shampoo
Gliss Hair Repair Liquid Silk Shampoo

Conditioners

Creightons Perfect Blonde Intensive Care Conditioner
Pro:voke Touch of Silver Daily Nourish Conditioner
Clynol Shimmer Colour Conditioner

Hair Lifesavers

Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Masque
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Sachet
Argan Secret Hair Oil
Schwarzkopf got2b Volumising Style Powder

I should mention that I only wash my hair every other day - its good to give your hair a rest and personally my locks still look pretty good the next day, so why bother?
I mix up the shampoos/conditioners/lifesavers depending on what my hair craves. For instance - if it's feeling a little dry or flat I'll whack on some super silky soft Gliss Shampoo and then probably some of the 
Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Masque or the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle sachet (also available in a bottle).

Alternatively, if I feel like my blonde is starting to look a little brassy any of the silver/purple shampoo and conditioner products will help to tone this. I don't really have a particular favourite of these, but the Pro:voke Touch of Silver ones are brilliant considering how cheap they are!
With all the heavy dying I've inflicted on my hair, its important to protect it - especially from heat. I always ALWAYS put a pea-sized blob of the Argan Secret Hair Oil on before blowdrying or straightening etc. Not only does it smell lush, it keeps hair looking sleek too!

Dry Shampoos
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original
Batiste Dry Shampoo Light and Blonde
Bristows Dry Shampoo Original

Hair Sprays

Schwarzkopf got2b Sexy Collagen Lift Effect Hairspray
Schwarzkopf got2b Sparkling Shine Hairspray

As I do only wash my hair every other day - dry shampoos can be a saviour. Not only in keeping your tresses looking and smelling fresh, but also by giving them some extra volume. I've found the Batiste ones to be the most reliable - especially when the come in those mahooosive cans.
From top -
Blow Drying Brush, Back Combing Dress Out Brush, Tangle Teezer
Brushes
Paddle Brush
Tangle Teezer
Back Combing Dress Out Brush
Blow Drying Brush

Cannot recommend the Tangle Teezer enough. I bought one initially when I had Cinderella extensions (as it doesn't pull the hair), but still use it on my own hair now - great if you have thick or really long hair too. I usually buy all my brushes from Sallys Hair Supplies. 

Home Dyes
Clairol Nice n Easy Colour Blend Technology Permanent
L'oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Semi-Permanent

Box dyes are a tricky one. I'm a bit of a home dye veteran and Clairol Nice n Easy is the best I've come across. Its a good price (there's usually some offer on 2 boxes for 1 etc) and it comes in all the shades under the sun basically - not only that, but the Colour Seal Conditioning Gloss it comes with smells AMAZING (apricots I think) and keeps your hair healthy after dying.

Although I find this product easy-peasy to use - I would say, if you're not sure what you're doing - GO TO A HAIRDRESSER. Home dying may be a quick and cheap option, but its never worth it if you mess up.

Be careful and look after your hair!
Despite what I put it though, I want to keep mine and keep it healthy for as long as I can!


~
Hope people enjoyed this post - sorry it was a longggg one! Lots of information to get in and products to mention!
lovelovelove Catt xx

No comments :

Post a Comment